- Order Now
The strong smell of bleach is often associated with cleanliness. Its ability to remove stains and act as a disinfectant has resulted in its popularity for cleaning uses for over 100 years. However, users should be cautious when cleaning with bleach because its strong chemical properties make it dangerous for use in some facilities.
The Drawbacks to Cleaning With Bleach:
- Heavy toxic fumes can be inhaled
- Eye and skin irritation upon contact
- Mixing with other household cleaners can release toxic gas
- Surface damage and discolouration can occur almost immediately
- Unsafe for children and pets that may come in direct contact with the surfaces
- Increased daily exposure can lead to long-term effects on health
A Bleach Alternative
For these reasons, a bleach alternative could be a better product fit for many facilities. Dustbane’s UniTab is a bleach alternative in tablet form. It packs the same disinfecting punch as bleach, but without the risk of burning skin or damaging surfaces and fabrics.
How Does It Work?
UniTab is a dime-sized tablet that is dissolved in water to provide effective cleaning, deodorizing and disinfection in areas where controlling cross contamination hazards are of the highest concern. It can be dissolved to deliver accurate solution strength every time, eliminating measure and pour guesswork.
Since its pH is similar to skin, it is safer to handle and safer for surfaces. While safer on skin, it is still effective on a broad range of microorganisms including C.difficile spores, Hepatitis A, Norovirus and Canine Parovirus.