- Order Now
Bunzl Canada is part of Bunzl Distribution, Inc. supplies a range of products including outsourced food packaging, disposable supplies, and cleaning and safety products to food processors, supermarkets, non-food retailers, convenience stores and other users.
Bunzl Distribution owns and operates more than 100 warehouses. With more than 4,000 employees and 400,000-plus supply items, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America. Worldwide sales are in excess of $8.5 billion.
Throughout its history, the company has maintained a strong commitment to productivity, delivering both quality service and competitive pricing. As it looks to the future, Bunzl Distribution is focused on increasing productivity, enhancing customer service and exploring new business opportunities
This position is responsible for making customer delivery and warehouse work. The successful candidate will work in our Montreal Region.
The Receiving Clerk will receive a large number of shipments on a daily basis. The receiving clerk is responsible for unloading shipments, verifying contents and ensure no items are damaged.
- Receive products from vendor deliveries and unload trucks at the loading docks
- Compare packing lists to company purchase orders and ensure that the products in each delivery match the packing list
- Utilize an industrial forklift (certification not required)
- Utilize an on-board computer and wireless radio frequency system
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment
- Assist other warehouse workers in completing tasks as requested by the Warehouse Manager or immediate supervisor
- Process vendor returns and discrepancy paperwork
- Data entry in AS400 system
- Interact with outside vendors and internal departments
Relief Driver Description:
- Effectively plan delivery route and load orders onto truck
- Deliver customer orders using single and dual axle tractor
- Unload orders by hand or using a pallet jack
- Communicate with customers regarding deliveries, returns
- Pick up product from vendors
- Perform warehouse functions as required
- Knowledge of computers, Purolator and UPS shipping system is a plus.
Qualification & Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Basic math skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess a positive attitude and must be a team player
- Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Must be customer service orientated and have the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Problem solver with the ability to multi-task using judgment and decision making skills
- Must maintain accurate and up to date log books. Appropriate information must also be accurately entered into the OMITRACK system.
- All employees, drivers, receivers and selectors must complete assigned safety training on or prior to the assigned due date.
- A Class 1 license with air brake is required.
- LCV permit is a plus
- Driver abstract in good standing
- Preferably with 5-10+ years driving experience
- Overtime is required based on business demands; sometimes on short notice
- Previous warehouse/forklift operation experience a plus but not required
- Must be able to work regularly at a height of up to 26 feet above the ground (with provided safety equipment/processes/training)
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with little supervision
For more information please contact- email@example.com
Bunzl Canada Inc. is committed to inclusiveness and accessibility. Accommodations are available upon request under the respective provincial Human Rights Codes, and will be addressed confidentially. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.